Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yogurt Granola Parafait

















I used to be a big fan of Alton Brown and his Good Eats show back in the day when I used to watch the food network. Since I started this blog and following the repressed pastry chef blog, I rediscovered him and the Good Eats. I currently don't own a tv set, but having a computer, You Tube allowed me the luxury to catch up with couple of the Good Eats episodes. I happened to watch the 'Good Milk Gone Bad' episode. Featured in it was a home made yogurt recipe. I followed the Alton Brown recipe to make it myself and the result was a yogurt that not only looked good, but tasted great too. The recipe for the yogurt can be found here.
Ever since I made the yogurt, I was in search for some granola. To my joy, the 'Oats Cuisine' episode of the Good Eats featured a simple and quick reicpe for the granola which I made above. Take some of the granola and combine that with the homemade yogurt and top it off with the granola and wallaahh!..you've got the perfect Yogurt Granola Parafait! The yogurt and the granola recipe is something that I will definitely use over and over again for years to come.

No comments: