Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

One of these days, I would love to get to level of Em, Jeanine and Jaime and many other inspiring blogs and in their level of baking, blog postings - (style and frequency), photographing and presenting their work. However, for now, I feel like I'm getting closer as I look at the picture above. Ever since I read the post on the Repressed Pastry Chef about the Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipster, and looking at the great picture it made me want to make the cookie with that exact same recipe. However, I was making this on request and it was for Oatmeal Raisin. I also made a variation with cranberries - for the non-raisin lovers. I personally liked them both. I am also excited that I can actually post a recipe for this cookie.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Ingredients:
8 0z Butter or part butter and part shortening
1lb Brown Sugar
1 tsp Salt

4 oz Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 oz Milk

12 oz Pastry Flour or All-Purpose
.5 oz Baking Powder
.5 oz Baking Soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
10 oz Rolled Oats
8 0z Raisins


Method: Cream the butter and sugar and salt together until well blended. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk and mix until incorporated well. Add the dry ingredients - Pastry Flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon. And on low speed on the mixer combine oats and raisins until all folded. Use an ice-cream scooper to drop them and freeze them for atleast a few hours before baking them, this will allow the cookie to hold it's shape well and appear fluffy and desirable.

1 comment:

tjv said...

Came across the recipe and would like to try it out. What temperature should the cookies be baked at?